Reporting to our Senior Director of Corporate Training & Development, this position represents an exciting opportunity to support our sales and field-based employees as we continue to build out a best-in-class training and development program here at Alimera Sciences. This role will be responsible for the design, delivery and execution of classroom, field and web-based training.
Alimera Sciences has a strong distributor network and the EMEA Training & Development Lead will also be responsible for sharing and implementing best practices across Europe and the Middle East.
The ideal candidate will be someone who thrives in and enjoys a fast-paced dynamic environment and can design and implement effective training programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES ·
- Develop and manage a field sales onboarding training program.
- Develop and manage curriculum to address the identified training gaps/needs within the field sales team.
- Provide evaluations and post-training recommendations to Country Managers to ensure new hire strengths/development areas are identified and addressed.
- Develop a Field Sales Trainer program for the EMEA market, working to provide ongoing coaching and development opportunities for participants. Identify specific ways the Field Sales Trainers can serve as an extension of the training department in order to provide support at local levels.
- This role will manage all necessary training logistics for major international sales meetings outside of the US.
- Perform regular field visits with sales representatives, as identified by management.
- Implement advanced developmental and ongoing skills training to facilitate progression along the Alimera Sciences field sales Career Pathway program.
- Work collaboratively with subject matter experts and/or department heads to keep all training curriculum updated and relevant.
- Ensure that all training programs are consistent with, and supporting of, company legal, regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- Leverage diverse delivery methods to include eLearning, web-based virtual classroom, best practice videos, newsletters, etc. to provide and promote ongoing learning and development.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and compliant training records within all database systems, with an ability to provide up to date/accurate reports as needed.
- Work toward updating and enhancing on-the-job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities to include reading professional publications, participating in professional organizations, etc.
- Is seen and respected as a product expert.
- Work appropriately with various distributor markets to include conducting Train-the-Trainer sessions, sharing of best practices and assisting with Sales Force Effectiveness efforts as required.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Degree level education required, preferably in life science or business.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience. Prior work experience would ideally include a mixture of sales and marketing, training and people leadership and development.
- Background in Retina/Ophthalmology and/or Specialty pharmaceuticals as well as Specialty pharmacy preferred.
- Expertise in Ophthalmology Leadership, Organizational Development, Coaching and Sales Force Effectiveness desired.
- Full professional fluency in English is required, in addition to one or more of the following languages (German, French, Spanish & Italian).
- The ideal candidate will be multilingual with a well-developed ability to efficiently and productively communicate both verbally and in writing, including the delivery of training in the relevant language.
- Advanced PowerPoint skills (or similar presentation tools) required.
- Excellent facilitation/presentation skills required.
- Ability to influence, collaborate and interact effectively with senior leadership team and key stakeholders across global functions in order to align on objectives and provide consistent training direction.
- Demonstrated project management skills with an ability to productively manage multiple priorities/initiatives at one time.
- Ability to successfully manage sales training budget.
- 50-70% EMEA travel required.
- Working knowledge of DOCEBO Learning Management System (or equivalent) preferred