About the job
KnowBe4, Inc. is the provider of the world’s largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform. KnowBe4 enables organizations to manage the ongoing problem of social engineering by helping them train employees to make smarter security decisions, every day. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We have ranked a best place to work for women, millennials, and in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine as well as #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last five years.
From our office in Berlin, we manage sales, marketing and customer service activities in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Our cybersecurity products are unique and offer excellent career opportunities for professionals who want to be at the cutting edge – now and in the future.
To reinforce our rapidly expanding team in Europe, we are looking for you for our office in Berlin – start date ASAP.
To learn more about our team and office culture in Germany, visit us on Glassdoor:
The eLearning Instructional Designer will work on exciting online learning solutions (courses, games, simulators and assessments) for KnowBe4’s customers. While you need to understand reasonable software security practices, you do not need to have a background in information security. Just be a creative instructional designer, bring new ideas to the table and ship learning activities to the LMS! You’ll work together with other engineers and eLearning developers in a fast paced, agile development environment working with SMEs and the entire team (graphics, Q/A course builders, and leadership) to help build and integrate eLearning assets.
Our highly collaborative teams rapidly release courseware in an environment where innovation is applauded and minimizing distractions from real work is top priority.
- Plan and create initial planning documents for online learning solutions (courses, games, simulators and assessments) to integrate with the Learning Management System (LMS) in an agile development environment
- Implement online andragogy, instructional design, and adult learning principles
- Practice effective interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work with different levels within the organization, to build relationships, to actively listen, and to assist team members and/or subject matter experts (SME) in translating concepts into engaging, effective online courses
- Independently author and develop training courses from research to scripting to storyboarding to development utilizing input from team members and customers.
- Develop sound knowledge checks for formative assessment as well as strong summative assessments.
- Ensure final project deliverables are of the highest quality
- Facilitate and coordinate delivery of content across to our platform
- Create and administer learning objectives, plans and programs in collaboration with team members and leadership
- Maintain an advanced understanding of current trends in the learning & development industry.
- Respond to training-related questions and support requests from our members.
- Conform with Accessibility requirements to make sure that all learning activities created are accessible to people with disabilities
- M.S. or M.A. or M.Ed. in Instructional Design or Instructional Technology
- 3+ years of relevant experience in learning/online learning, especially with the instruction design best practices as well as making engaging and interesting online courseware (preferably in a corporate environment)
- 3+ years experience with created complex assessment items for formative and summative purposes
- Experience with Web Accessibility Standards
- Experience with learning solutions for iOS, iBooks, Android, and other interactive media/mobile platforms and programming
- Understanding of concepts of gamification and how to employ them in online learning
- Top notch Communication skills, verbal & written
- Excellent organization and time management
- Strong, detail-oriented work ethic
We look forward to hearing from you
“KnowBe4’s data protection practices for EEA applicants are covered by the Applicant Data Protection Notice which is found athttps://knowbe4.com/privacy-policy, our german translation can be found here. By submitting your personal information, you agree to KnowBe4’s data handling practices and confirm that you have reviewed the Applicant Data Protection Notice.”