What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for an experienced Learning & Development Consultant to join our growing Berlin office.
This is a permanent role which will see you working as part of a close-knit team of passionate L&D professionals with a mandate to make a difference.
This role will see you providing L&D consultancy to a range of stakeholders regionally and across the globe, enabling them to respond to both the continuing evolution of our business and the emerging external trends within our sector (e.g. digital engineering, AI, etc.).
On a global platform, you will operate as a crucial enabler to the continuous development and innovation of skills and learning within our business; taking inspiration from some of the brightest minds in our industry – from computational engineers to sustainability specialists and economists – you will help grow our people and deliver our strategy.
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched.
You will be delivering Buro Happold’s strategic learning and development priorities aligned to our future firm strategy and people plan, collaborating with our internal stakeholders and external consultants to design and deliver inspiring learning solutions that innovate, empower and engage our people globally.
Whilst the role will be extremely varied, with no two days the same, typical activities are expected to comprise…
- Working closely with regional leaders and teams to enable effective knowledge share and collaboration across the business;
- Providing opportunities through learning programmes, online social tools, knowledge transfer and mentoring at all levels.
- Working with technical teams globally; designing the development of learning initiatives to enhance technical and digital expertise/competence
- Supporting the upskilling of consulting and advisory skills; identify skills gaps and work with external consultants to provide innovative solutions scalable globally
- Partnering with internal work groups to enhance our expertise related to global sustainability and climate change imperatives
- Researching and developing online and digital learning solutions that can be scaled regionally and globally;
- Supporting with the implementation of the L&D communication & engagement plan;
- Researching and introducing a measurement/impact & evaluation process including ROI for strategic projects and L&D framework priorities;
- Supporting the cultivation of online communities globally through social collaboration tools.
We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation.
Above all, you will be passionate about L&D and want to take both your career and learning outcomes forward for our business. Ideally, you’ll also have hands-on experience partnering with technical experts in a comparable context (e.g. engineering, tech, R&D, et al.), and be adept with the application of digital tools to deliver learning outcomes.
Additionally, we would expect you to demonstrate the following…
- Proven experience in L&D project/programme management with excellent planning & organisation skills;
- Highly developed presentation and facilitation skills with ability to operate at all levels of the organisation;
- The ability to learn and adapt at pace in order to provide ideas and solutions across diverse contexts and stakeholder groups;
- A good understanding of non-traditional approaches to learning and knowledge management – including the latest thinking in digital learning methodologies;
- Some flexibility with regard to working hours and travel to accommodate a global L&D team and stakeholders.
- Experience implementing an LMS (ideally in a global organisation).
From helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our creativity and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. Buro Happold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.