About the job
Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I)
Safe, Fast and Always Reliable – The Future of Cloud Infrastructure Today.
TWCD is looking for a Learning & Development (L&D) Field Operation Trainer to support our Datacenter teams. Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) group plans, delivers, and operates Microsoft’s cloud infrastructure to bring compute capacity to over 200 Microsoft internet/web properties worldwide. Within CO+I, our Global Datacenter Operations (GDCO) team delivers trustworthy and reliable cloud services through safe, flawless, and efficient operation of our global datacenters.
You will be part of a global community of training and facilitation focused peers, including other campus-based Field Operation Trainers, Regional L&D L&D Program Managers, and a core team of L&D specialists at Microsoft Headquarters.
Your top goals will be to accelerate ramp-up time for new hires, schedule, track, and facilitate classroom learning, and ensure swift adoption of new processes and tools by the teams of technicians in your Datacenter. Be ready to innovate, to leverage and exhaust existing solutions, and to creatively engage an extended network of contributors and experts. Success in this role means you have contributed to building a world-class L&D program that helps to recruit, retain, and advance top talent in our Datacenters. You will also require delivering the training session with onsite (F2F) and/or online training to another Datacenter. Microsoft’s online infrastructure is growing at an incredible pace and this role will have a significant impact to our future success.
At the forefront of the action in MCIO is our Datacenter Operations Group.
As a successful Learning & Development Trainer, your performance objectives will consist of:
- Facilitate live classroom instruction credibly with experienced datacenter staff, without always having to be the subject expert yourself.
- Drive your datacenter’s participation in the best, most relevant industry certification programs.
- Problem solve for learning-logistics: when should technicians take online training; how will classroom training take place in a datacenter environment; how can teams get hands-on practice?
- Leverage local subject matter expert’s tribal knowledge, spread adoption of best practices, and expose best practices to the field training community
- Advocate for your datacenter workforce and influence process improvement by revealing where training has been relied on to solve problems better solved with engineering.
- Maintain your personal technical proficiency in tools and procedures relative to the needs of your datacenter
- Publishing readiness reporting for ALL technicians across the site trainer’s area of responsibility
- Coordinating with the Regional L&D PMs, and datacenter leadership to ensure that assigned training is complete
- Contribute to L&D Learning Community use of global L&D offerings and give feedback on relevance, accuracy and value
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Datacenter IT Operations across various functions
- Exceptional written and Interpersonal skills: communicate effectively and concisely with stakeholders and leaders about our programs and objectives.
- College or university degree or additional 2+ years’ experience
- Proficient at Microsoft Office products and collaboration software for virtual training
- Experience in training and readiness operations or demonstrated program management skills
- Analysis and writing: ability to diagnose or represent training data and anecdotal feedback in meaningful ways
- Operational Planning & Project Management: show structured thinking, planning, and ability to execute
- Able to work independently and as part of a globally diverse team, collaborate with remote team members, and local Datacenter Management teams in support of training initiatives
- Industry framework certification ITIL, Prince, Lean Six Sigma
- Required to travel up to 0-15% depending on business need
- Up to date and current Passport required
These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.