Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
By submitting an application to this role, you will be considered for a Learning & Development Manager role in one of our FCs.
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It’s your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That’s the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. If you’d like to help us with that, this is your chance to make history.
The Fulfillment Center Learning & Development Manager is an active member of the FC’s Leadership Team, driving and supporting site performance and network initiatives. Successful candidates will have a proven operational execution record of accomplishment, creative, true hands-on approach, as well as strong knowledge of warehousing/manufacturing, instructional design, Learning Management Systems and data-driven, analytical thinking skills. In addition, effective presentation and persuasion skills are a must. This role requires the ability to influence without authority.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
- Develop, motivate and lead your team (Learning Specialist and Trainers) to deliver results for the business
- ensure that the work of the team and individuals is continually aligned to meet internal customer’s needs and follows EU as well as regional/ local L&D standards
- Act as a proactive and productive partner with the site leadership team, operations teams and other support functions such as Human Resources (HR), Inventory Control and Quality Assurance (ICQA), Workforce Staffing (WFS), Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) and Reliability and Maintenance Engineering (RME) to make a positive impact on key business safety, quality, productivity and customer experience metrics
- Support the delivery of local and EU wide projects and training programs to foster the development and growth of salaried and hourly Amazon employees
- Ensure that the work of the team and individuals is continually aligned to meet internal customer’s needs and follows EU as well as regional/ local L&D standards
- Provide a safe learning environment in collaboration with HR, WHS and RME colleagues to ensure all compliance and safety training is delivered within the agreed timescales
- Fully understand workflow, daily production goals and reports used to react quickly and efficiently to production imperatives, scheduling conflicts and network-wide rollouts
- Analyse and understand data to suggest improvements to the quality and effectiveness of training and coaching at your site
- Track and communicate Learning Department goals, assignments and progress locally and at a network level
- Plan and execute the recruitment and training of the best ‘instructors’ from within our Amazon community to deliver training and coaching
- Ensure and drive best practices standardization across all departments and sites through collaboration with other L&D Managers and EU Central L&D teams
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – both in German and English
- Managed and developed a team, and achieved collective success
- Data skills and the ability to understand how Learning’s activities and responsibilities play into the metrics that drive how the site is managed
- The ability to work in fast-paced ambiguous environments, adapting quickly to changing circumstances, processes and priorities
- Full proficiency in MS Office and experience in working with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
For those who tend to excel in this role:
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Operations professionals with a proven record of accomplishment of using lean principles in complex manufacturing/production environments.
- Familiar with instructional design principles and have created, edited and administered training content and programs.
- Experience in change management and process improvement activities, designing scalable solutions and implementing these at pace and at scale.
- Fluency in any additional European languages is desirable