About the job
Are you a Day 1 thinker who is passionate about learning and development and have experience leading teams in fast paced operational environments?
Then we are looking for you. As Learning Manager for multiple Sort Centers your role will be to manage the learning needs of all employees in the buildings of your area.
In this dynamic and challenging role, you will be very close to the action and spending time on the warehouse floor with the teams who make our Sort Centers great. Amazon has seen rapid growth over the last few years and we plan to keep on growing. The Learning Manager is responsible for multiple sites in a region. This means a lot of new employees to train and coach. A lot of people to help stay curious and keep learning.
In this role, we are looking for a learning professional who has the ability and initiative to understand the business needs, analyse issues and influence solutions and outcomes.
We are also looking for a team player who not only leverages their own trainer team to respond effectively to a variety of training scenarios, but is able to work closely between the operations customer and a central EU team to effectively prioritize and deploy training programs based on customer need – from training processes at scale to ongoing leader development.
As multi-site Learning Manager you have the capability and confidence to interface effectively with senior leaders and multiple stakeholders, both face to face and across geographies.
In this role, you will be essential to the growth and success of Amazon and our team members, from our hourly associates to our senior leaders.
- End-to-end ownership of the associate and leader training programs at site
- Collaborate with multiple sites senior management teams to create and implement talent development processes, identify future talent and provide ongoing support for individual growth.
- Plan, execute, evaluate and analyse all training initiatives to develop associates and leaders at the site, working in collaboration with the senior team and central leadership function
- Take a data driven approach to understanding performance issues. Take action to improve the quality and effectiveness of training and coaching at your site for associates as well as leaders
- Identify and align individual leadership development plans, build a catalogue of learning content according to business needs and facilitate delivery and completion of training
- Provide coaching and feedback on leadership related topics working with leaders both in a 1:1s and facilitated workshops to identify leadership, coaching and management skills development opportunities
- Ensure that new starters, and current employees learning new skills, quickly develop the knowledge and ability to settle in and become experts at what they do
- Lead and coach your team of on-site trainers to be the best they can be. Understand what motivates your team, support them to develop a career plan and actively support them to achieve it
- Identify gaps in existing learning content and work with network teams to innovate on technology learning solutions, feeding back needs, and participating in creation and testing of content. Play an integral role in gathering customer feedback on key network training initiatives
- Build relationships and influence your site leadership team colleagues to address issues that inhibit effective learning
- Partner with different stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve the quality of training and coaching
- Support the delivery of local and EU wide projects to improve how the site operates. Identify any additional training materials and ‘train your trainers’ in new processes to existing processes
- Provide a safe learning environment. Partner with Human Resources, Health & Safety and Engineering colleagues to ensure all compliance and safety training is delivered within the agreed timescales
The role can be based in any German Sort Center
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communicator; experience in engaging multiple stakeholders across different sites
- Managed and developed a team, and achieved collective success
- Data skills and the ability to understand how Learning activities and responsibilities play into the metrics that drive how the site performs
- The ability to work in fast-paced ambiguous environments, adapting quickly to changing circumstances, processes and priorities
- Experience in a technical training role and experience using Training Needs Analysis process
- Assessing performance gaps, analysing learning needs, designing and developing customer-centric solutions, and evaluating the effectiveness of learning programs
- Full proficiency in MS Office
- Fluency in German & English
- Experience in Business and Leadership Coaching
- Experience in change management and process improvement activities, designing scalable solutions and implementing these at pace and at scale
- Familiar with instructional design principles and have created, edited and administered training content and programs
- Experience as an HR or L&D Business partner for an Operations focused organization
- Master’s degree in related discipline: Human Resources, Instructional Design, Organizational Psychology, Adult Education, etc.
- Fluency in additional European languages is desirable
Company – Amazon Verteilzentrum Krefeld