About the role: An exciting role overseeing identification, design and delivery of learning and development curriculum and interventions to meet the needs of our new production management and staff in close partnership with functional management;, driving efficiencies in process around their training and getting a production workforce to be technically able to deliver their roles as quickly as possible.The key focus of this role is building excellent capabilities across our management, supervisors and production teams; relationships with internal factory functional leads, understanding and supporting current needs and future capability requirements. The emphasis of the role is to build the production capability of employees so that they are fully operational as quickly as possible.You will be working with our internal stakeholders to identify appropriate learning and development programmes. You will lead on managing the end-to-end implementation, effective timely design to delivery of the interventions whilst making sure we are as cost effective as possible.The role holder will be key in accelerating the “door to floor” approach in achieving competency to carry out assigned trainee’s duties. Training will include development and delivery of new starter training, refresher training and the delivery of classroom-based training. You will work closely with trainers in all departments to ensure all staff is trained and competent in all required skills and competencies.You will be a highly organized people leader, who can confidently manage and oversee projects within set deadlines, as well as on-going cooperation with all stakeholders.
- Develop Factory Learning strategy plans by partnering with functional factory leadership teams to identify capability levels and gaps that affect our performance.
- Strategically assess the capability and capacity of local management / supervisors in close collaboration with factory leadership and People Development team to support interventions and development support
- Ensure accurate recording of training and competency in role tracking
- Deliver interventions to ensure that emerging leaders have appropriate experience and capability as individuals and as a team, to fulfil the organisation’s strategic ambitions.
- Draw insights about the external learning and training marketplace and consider relevance of blended learning options such as coaching, mentoring, on-the-job training, classroom training, e-learning etc. Ensure regulatory alignment as required for all learning interventions / approaches in close collaboration with HR/Legal.
- Ensure partnership with HRBPs to support and develop factory talent pool by coaching them on their career and development plans
- Continually seek improvement in the organisation’s learning and talent development offering to maximise impact / productivity and meet evolving requirements of the business
- Lead design and delivery of a blended learning and development approach for the team which meets the business requirements.
- Ongoing design and optimisation of L&D interventions and curriculum programmes
- Ensure effective management of team expenses, training budget, ensuring return on investment
- Generate commitment to L&D frameworks and practices which enable the establishment of a learning culture
- Facilitate internal learning events and workshops, coordinating logistics of programmes/sessions and delivering content as appropriate.
- Strategic focus on evaluating learning impacts; Pilot and evaluate learning and talent development initiatives for effectiveness, business relevance and efficiency, and continually seek ways to improve learning activity.
- Excellent knowledge of effective best practice learning and development methods/techniques
- Excellent previous knowledge and experience of manufacturing in a regulatory environment
- Demonstrable experience developing training content focused on the training requirements for either classroom or on-the-job training
- A professional manufacturing or engineering qualification
- Training qualification – ideal but not essential
- Proven experience of using and implementing e-learning platforms and learning management systems
- Excellent project management skills.
- A coaching qualification is desirable.
- Experience of senior stakeholder management
- Business acumen – deep insight and a thorough understanding of the business environment/industry in manufacturing
- Strong people manager and leader with demonstrable ability to coach and develop team members.
- Excellent written and spoken English and German.