About the job
Gorillas is shaping the future of on-demand retail from the ground up. In less than one year we have evolved from a single warehouse in Berlin to a growing global crew operating our hyperlocal model in 9 countries (with more on the way). Our rider crew makes magic happen on the daily, delivering groceries to your door in just 10 minutes.
Our DNA is rooted in a love for cycling and a desire to create change, and we’re proud to foster an environment where authenticity is celebrated and boldness is encouraged. True to our need for speed, in March 2021 we became Germany’s fastest-ever unicorn company with a $1bn valuation and €305m total funding raised. As one of Europe’s most talked about startups, we are bringing true digital disruption to the supermarket space and seeking talented individuals to join us in building something extraordinary.
About The Opportunity
We are currently looking for a VP, Global Head of Learning & Development to join our Global People team, reporting directly to our Global Chief People Officer. In this role you will build from scratch, the learning & development function, provide strategic direction for our internal global L&D agenda and be responsible for enabling a learning culture within Gorillas.
This role can be based in either Amsterdam or Berlin.
In This Role You Will
- Lead the strategic planning and implementation of the global learning and development portfolio, which includes: Global onboarding programs, Leadership development, HQ Career Development, Operations Career Development, Rider Career Development, Global Training Programs.
- Provide L&D insight, facilitation and project leadership to enable the scaling of the business through hyper growth.
- Analyse trends and metrics to develop proactive L&D plans to further support the strategic vision and mission of the wider Gorillas business.
- Come from a place of innovation and curiosity in the development of learning solutions to ensure our offerings are market leading and engaging.
- Work in collaboration with our People Leadership team to drive engagement through initiatives and foster a culture of learning at Gorillas.
What We Expect From You
- Highly experienced, VP level, Learning & Development leader who has planned and implemented L&D programs in fast growth, rapid scale environments across both Corporate and operational workforce demographics.
- Experience in leading international, cross functional teams and projects within L&D.
- Track record in delivering major learning projects in a complex matrixed organisation.
- Decision maker with strong business acumen.
- A strategic mindset with the ability to translate complex business challenges into effective learning solutions, while at the same time being comfortable with being hands-on as you build your team during our growth stage.
What’s In It For You
We’re building a people-first business, which means we aspire to create flexible benefits and working arrangements that meet our people where they’re at. As a young company in the midst of growth, you’ll experience a steep learning curve from day one and the opportunity to shape the future of Gorillas. You’ll benefit from working with a diverse mix of talented humans, many of whom bring experience from some of the world’s biggest tech companies. With unrivalled energy and team spirit, a culture of inclusion, and no shortage of snacks, we’re building a place for you to do your best work.
Gorillas is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.